We are GOING BACK TO SCHOOL!!
First, we want to say “thank you” for your patience in allowing us the time to roll out the best possible plan for our fall reopening.
Second, the Executive Committee has finalized our 2020-21 “Return to Learn” plans, and the HCS board has approved these plans as well. Of course there are some new procedures that we all will need to adjust to, and we also ask for your continued support and flexibility as this plan may be adjusted due to state and/or federal government declarations. When changes are made to this plan we are committed to get the adjustments out to you as soon as possible.
We will be operating according to the school calendar that was approved by the board in January.
Important Information to the “Return to Learn” Plan:
- The entire building, including carpets will be cleaned and sanitized by an outside cleaning company prior to the staff report date.
- School will be in session as a normal school year for Pre K-3 through 12th grade students.
- 8:00 AM-3:15 PM Monday through Friday.
- The building will open at 7:30 AM as normal. Any student arriving prior to 7:45 AM will need to be dropped off in the front drop off lane, enter door #1, and sit in their class assigned group in the gym. This will be staffed.
- Staff and Students will enter through designated entrances with thermal temperature scanners checking each staff and student's temperature upon arrival.
- Any staff with a temperature of 100.4 will not be allowed to enter the classroom, and will need to go home. Any student with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be masked and escorted to the isolation room for parent pick up.
- The wearing of masks will be optional for staff & students.
- Anyone choosing to wear a mask will need to provide their own.
- Classroom sizes and max numbers will be as previous years.
- Field trips, programs, and concerts will be postponed until further notice.
- Athletics (Volleyball, Cross Country, Basketball, and Track) will follow the guidelines of both the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union and the Iowa High School Athletic Association and the Frontier Conference.
- New and additional equipment:
Live stream cameras will be installed in each classroom for students who are uncomfortable for in class learning, transition to distance learning should a shutdown occur, and for any students who may be absent due to sickness.
All lead & resource teachers will be issued new laptop computers to allow for an easy transition to “Distance Learning” should a shutdown occur.
All staff will be equipped with personal thermometers.
(12) new hand sanitizer stations will be installed in the building.
The drop off/arrival and the releasing of students at the beginning and end of the school day will remain at the same time, but will be at designated entrances.
Student desks will not be set up in pods and have the max amount of space between them as possible.
Read The Entire Board Approved “Return to Learn” Plan
In His Service,
The Executive Committee